Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Post on Neu Woodworks in Eat Lake City

Parting Out in the Norwegian Grotto - A cabinet shop.

Jump to Comments

Eric Hvalsoe and I stopped by Neu Woodworks in Ballard on Monday afternoon. The longtime cabinet maker was retiring (more or less) after more than 30 years.

For sale was a lot of machinery, and some interesting pieces of hardwood.

Below, Eric fell in love with a somewhat ancient 12 inch Craftsman planer, though he didn’t buy it. At least, not yet. That’s Eric with Thomas Neu, the cabinet shop’s owner.

Personally, I liked the eight foot tall band saw. Maybe it was nine feet tall. I dunno. I think my head just surpassed the bottom of the upper wheel. Luckily, this bandsaw was already sold.

The winner, however, went to a pair of tiny sawhorses.

(In the morning, I’ll go out and take a photo of them. Then this post will be complete.)

No comments: